Interactive Maps are helpful to make travel plans, explore routes, and itineraries by hovering over the map and clicking on markets in this map. Here are the step to add a Travel map to WordPress website
- First of all, go to Google My Maps and click “create new map” button.
- On Edit Map page, choose base map to create maps by adding layers, points of interest, etc. You can also draw lines on map, use rulers, add routes, and choose items. It will save all the map items created by you in layers. You can rename, add, edit or delete layers.
- Click on any item to change title, add description, or add videos/photos. Once done, make it public to use on your website.
- Click on share button. Under the section “Who has access”, click on “Change”.
- Select “On – Public on the web” and click Save. Close the sharing center by clicking on “Done”.
- Click on menu icon along with map name on edit panel, choose “Embed on my site”. Now, you will see embed code which can be copied.
- Now, go to page or post where you can add Interactive Map. Switch to text editor and paste embed code on post edit screen. Save changes and preview to see it in action.